Shannon Animal Hospital
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Cancellation PolicyWe understand things come up and you may sometimes need to reschedule appointments. Please know when we make your appointment we are reserving time for you to see your veterinarian. This courtesy makes it possible to give the best service to your pets. If you need to reschedule an appointment, please call the clinic at least 24 hours in advance.
Starting August 13th if you do not show up for your scheduled appointment more than one time you will be charged a $35 no-show fee. We thank you for your trust in us here at Shannon Animal Hospital!
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Puppy and Kitten CareDo you have a new puppy or kitten? Congratulations on this addition to your family! One of the first things you should do when you bring your new pet home is to introduce him or her to us – your veterinary care team. Puppy and kitten visits offer a unique opportunity to get you and...
Spay & NeuterSpaying is a surgical procedure that renders your female dog or cat infertile. This procedure involves the removal of your pet’s ovaries and uterus, and is performed under a general anesthetic. Neutering is a surgical procedure that renders your male dog or cat infertile. This procedure involves the removal of your pet’s testicles, and is...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
I have been taking my dogs to Shannon for several years. I absolutely love them all. The vets and staff are consistently caring, competent and take time to listen and care for them all. An additional
Absolutely the best, most friendly docs in town. Have repeatedly taken care of all my pets, even on short notice. You can feel their love of what they do there.